From Special Agent to Very Special Mom

Friday, July 16, 2010

Dumpster Diving...sort of

Every day when Emma wakes up at 5:00am, I wonder what will peak her curiosity. She has a way of being very sneaky, especially when she knows I am going to tell her no. Over the last few days, I have caught her splashing water in the toilet, drawing all over her legs with an ink pen, and throwing away very important items in the trash can which has enabled me to add dumpster diver to my resume.

Part of this trash obsession that Emma has acquired is my fault. We have really been working on her following directions and so we do the happy dance when she takes trash and puts it in the can after I tell her to. I guess I will now check the trash every time I hear Emma clapping and saying "YAY!"

I walked into the kitchen to find Emma in only her diaper. Guess where her clothes were?? You got it, in the trash can! When I went to get my wallet out of my purse and it was missing, guess where I found it?? Yep, right again. And the stack of mail on the counter?? Use your imagination! I have found myself digging in the nasty trash can more over the last few days than I care to. It is disgusting, but how can you be mad at this sweet face?? It gets me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment